So our trampoline has issues. The southern Arizona sun has fried it. We've only had this trampoline for a little over 2 years and it's already destroyed. What's happened is that the pieces of material that are sewn onto the mat and then wrap around the metal triangular pieces the springs attach to have been vaporized by the sun. So about half of the mat is hanging off and not connected to anything. I've been keeping the kids away, telling them they can't jump anymore. I've caught Natalie on there a few times and as soon as she hears my voice, she makes a hurried exit. But then Kelton figured out how to get on the other day and he was having so much fun. Natalie has a ton of fun on there to. So Nate and I figured, oh well. When you watch them jump you can tell that they have it under control--it's not quite as imminently dangerous as it looks. But I still hold my breath a bit. Take a look...

This is how they get on now.



This is how they get off. They just sit down and slide right off. Well, Natalie sits. Kelton goes on his belly.

I know this is probably so dangerous. But what can I do? My kids think they have the greatest trampoline in the world! It a trampoline and a slide all in one. Hopefully my next post won't be about yet another trip to the ER. We've been there twice since June. I think that's more than enough.
4 comments:
Its funny how things seem okay when you don't have the energy to resist the kids begging anymore. Thats a bummer that it couldnt hold up to the heat very long. Oh well. Like you said, they think its the coolest trampoline in the world.
hmm, looks a lot like your parents' trampoline at one point. Maybe it runs in the family...
The one I bought did the same thing and we only had ours for about 2 years too. Got to love the AZ sun. Just have to tease you about being a softy though...lol!!
I hadn't even thought about getting a trampoline but what a good idea! And a great way to get energy out. What can you do when kids are determined?
Post a Comment