A while ago, when Nate was in law school, Natalie asked why he was going to school. We told her, so that daddy can be a lawyer. She then asked, "why?" So we explained how all of the stuff we get from the store that we need and all of the stuff we have costs money, so daddy is going to school so he can be a lawyer so he can make money, so we can have the things we need. Made sense. I could tell that she understood. Natalie has been really excited for her dad to become a lawyer. She was excited when he graduated and didn't have to go to school anymore. She knew he had a big test he had to take and he couldn't be a lawyer if he didn't do a good job on it. She was excited when he passed the bar. And yesterday, Nate got his letter from the AZ Supreme Court stating that he had passed his character and fitness report (its a huge background check you have to pass, along with passing the bar to become an attorney) and was eligible to be admitted to the Bar and practice law in the state of Arizona. (after paying yet another fee. Aparently there is an annual fee (like $500!) to be part of the AZ Bar. My goodness, I never knew.)
So...
Nate went in to tell Natalie the good news. He told her he passed all of his stuff so he can be a lawyer now. She got really excited, smiled real big, and gave him a hug. Then she said, "Now, I have some toys I want." Nate came out and said, "And so it all starts..."
It was pretty funny. I guess we need to now explain that he has to get a job as a lawyer to be making enough money to go get some toys. And even then, I have a list. She's going to have to get in line.
5 comments:
That is hilarious! I love it! I can so relate too. I have my own list for when we are done with school!
Ha ha I love my neice!!! That girl is halirous.
I love how their minds process things. But its so rational too! That's so funny, i can just see her saying that!
That is so funny. She's so cute!
She is so beautiful!
Post a Comment