I had a piano recital tonight. I currently have 8 students. Natalie is one of those and the poor girl has not had a piano teacher like the rest of them. I took four weeks off from teaching piano lessons when I had Arie. With Natalie, that four weeks ended up being seven months. (Natalie didn't have any lessons for more than a month before Arie was born.) So, we started back up a few weeks ago. It is a little frustrating to think about how much further along she could have been, but it is what it is. Hopefully we can both get back into it.
Anyway, the recital went well. All of my students did great. Some of the ones with harder pieces stumbled a bit in places. It's not that I didn't want them to play it perfectly--because I know they can--but there is something very valuable in figuring out how to keep going under the pressure of performance. And there is no other way to learn it, other than to have it happen. I was proud of the way they handled it.
from left: Natalie, Alexis Egbert, Allie Mawson, Felicity Davidson, Trinda Keele, Raena Mawson, Hailey Thompson. back: me, Chandler Joost.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment