Natalie had a school spirit week toward the end of school, and one of the days was a Disney day. Her teacher, who is around six feet tall, dressed up as Snow White and asked all of the kids to come as dwarfs. So funny! I wish I could have seen them walking around school.
I was making cookies and heard a hissing type sound behind me. I turned around to find Arie making a face because she had helped herself to a handful of flour out of my bucket.
The cookies tasted much better.
These next two pictures show how Arie will sometimes give kisses. She first kisses her hand...
Then places her hand over your mouth while making the kissing sound. It's so cute.
I love this picture.
Kelton doesn't really put up with the other kids messing with him. But there is something different about his little sister. He wouldn't let Natalie do this to him, and there would be a lot of screaming and yelling involved if Damon tried to climb on his face like this. But Arie does it, and he lets her, and smiles about it.
Damon! This kid is so happy.
I love this beautiful, sweet girl. She is growing too fast. I realized not too long ago that her second birthday is only a little over three months away. A lot of times I wish I could just keep her the cute little baby I see in the next three pictures.
Natalie had been asking for me to paint her nails, and I wanted to paint my toenails too. As I was doing those, I realized that I had never painted Arie's nails. So, we all got our nails painted! I let Natalie photograph the event.
I was blowing kind of silly in order to keep Arie still while trying to speed the drying process. She thought it was pretty funny.
My mom took this picture while Nate and I were at Disneyland. I think it is such a cute picture of both Arie and my Dad.
This picture probably doesn't fall into the "cute" category...but oh well. I was driving the kids somewhere and we were still in our neighborhood, when I had to brake to avoid running over this snake that was crossing the road. It was such a pretty coral colored snake and was fairly big too. It probably stretched out to about five feet long. I pointed it out to the kids, who also thought it was pretty cool, and we watched it for a few minutes. Nate and I looked it up later and determined that it was a Coachwhip Snake (not poisonous, but I was already pretty sure of that just from the way it looked). It had a black head and would stick it straight up in the air while the rest of its body was laid out flat. I've never seen a snake do that.
I have to say that I find most desert creatures fascinating. Well, as long as I don't feel any imminent danger from them. I always think lizards are cool and I like to watch them. Recently I have heard of a few people finding Gila Monsters and I am jealous that I've never seen one in person. But I even like to see snakes and things like scorpions--again... as long as I know I'm in no danger of being bitten. Yes, I know this probably makes me weird because I think most people are grossed out by lizards and snakes, but I think it's fun to [safely] discover them out in the wild.
Odd way to end a post full of cute kid pictures... ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment