Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Birthday Boy

Kelton had his second birthday a few days ago. He had a really fun day and we got to spend it together as a family. We got him a Mega Bloks table and some extra blocks and he (and Natalie) really liked it and had a lot of fun playing with it. I made him Elmo cupcakes and an Elmo cake. We had the cupcakes after lunch--once he figured out how to blow out his candles. He loved being sang to and continued to sing to himself the whole time he ate his cupcake. He would scoop some onto his finger, sing the first line of "Happy Birthday" and then eat it. He did this for almost every bite. Later that afternoon we went to the park so the kids could play. Then after dinner we went to McDonalds and got ice cream cones. (Natalie ate her entire cone by herself. I was a bit shocked that she could eat that much ice cream.) And then best of all, they got to play in the Playplace. We had a fun day together and Kelton enjoyed his birthday!

Elmo cake! We saved the actual cake until last night. Rob and Tina's family came over and had dinner with us. Then we had family home evening together and cake afterward. We had a lot of fun. Kelton was a bit overwhelmed by so many people loudly singing Happy Birthday, but he was very glad to get more cake.

Natalie's head is blocking the cupcakes, but that is what Kelton is reacting to in this picture.


Just as a note, we decided it was time for Kelton to give up his 'plug' (pacifier) and thought that his birthday would be a good time to let him have it for one last time. I'll let you know how that's going in a few days...

6 comments:

Rifle Fam said...

Very cute cake, Cherie! I'm not that patient with a star tip. :) I love that he sang the song to himself as he ate it. So cute. Happy birthday to Kelton!

Destiny said...

The cupcakes and cake turned out very cute. Happy birthday to Kelton.

Mayhem no longer said...

Awesome cake! Happy birthday!

Courtney Curt said...

Cute b-day pictures. Ya, let me know how the disappearing pacifier turns out. jake's pretty attached to his. I don't know how long to wait to get rid of it. I'm not in any hurry.

Terra said...

Super cute cake and cupcakes!! Good Job! Kelton is super cute!! I hope your still feeling good with your pregnancy. I can't believe your gonna have 3!

Elaine said...

How the heck did you do that cake? Did you seriously teach yourself to make all the cute cakes? Email me and tell me your secrets.