On Friday night I did a baby shower for someone in my ward. She is actually my brother's wife's brother's wife. Haha... confused?? :) Her husband's sister is my sister-in-law (married to my brother). Got it? It's not really that complicated but I guess it is easy enought to just say that we aren't really related but we share some of the same neices and nephews. Anyway, it was a lot of fun. It rained like crazy--even for here during monsoon season. It gave some added meaning to the term "baby shower." Some people actually called and said they turned around and went home because they thought they were going to get washed away or killed by all the lightning strikes. I made a cake for the shower that matched the invitation. Sadly, I forgot my sister-in-law's advice (yes, the same one as mentioned above) about doing frozen buttercream transfers and words. Since you flip the finished image over, you have to make the transfer in mirror image. Since I didn't do that, my finished cake looked like this...
Oops.
Luckily, I discovered my mistake with enough time left to redo the letters (correctly this time) and put them over the top of the backwards ones.
5 comments:
love the picture arrangement and the cake! (I made the same mistake with the numbers on Chad's football cake, but your's corrected nicely.)
And yes, the kids did get to keep the fishing gear--we really do have some great free events (one of the benefits of living in a smaller town). You should move here and join us for them! :)
Loved the pictures! I told my husband that I want to finish painting our house for Christmas. I'm sick of walls that I can't clean because it its the stupid flat builders' paint. Hopefully out turns out as cute as yours!
I LOVE your cute cake and your wall. Super pretty.
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'll look into a pressure canner. My sister uses hers for all her garden preserving. I've put it off because of the $. I think by next summer I'll try to get one. That would be awesome.
I agree with Chad's wife...you should move here. :)
We love it here. So funny that Chad's family moved here the same month as us. He is the High Councilman serving over our ward. It's awesome hearing his talks every month. I really look forward to those Sunday's. He does a great job. The spirit is always really strong.
Jared just got called to serve on the high council with Chad. He's looking forward to it.
You have a nice family.
Cute decorating- on both! I still don't know how to decorate my house!! I have wanted to try buttercream transfers but haven't been brave enough yet.
I love the wall. Nice job. Decorating is hard. Glad to hear you took your time, now I can relax and try not worry about taking my time.
Post a Comment